I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member. --- Groucho Marx
Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member. --- Groucho MarxHealth is wealth. My dad passed this message along --- fittingly --- during childhood walks. But do you really want to exercise outside in the rain, on a frigid day or in the scorching sun? Maybe you'd like to use exercise equipment too. A fitness club can help.
Better to hunt in fields for health unbought than fee the doctor for a nauseous draught. The wise for cure on exercise depend. --- John DrydenThe Cost
A reader of my earlier post Fitness Clubs Exercise Your Wallet suggested a cheaper way to join a fitness club: a corporate membership. You or your spouse may qualify. You may even have a facility where you work, but family members may not be allowed.
If you're the type to join a club and stop going, pick the cheapest place :)
Rule of thumb: Eat for what you're going to be doing, and not for what you have done. Don't take in more than you're willing to burn off. --- Lee Haney, former Mr. OlympiaLinks
(Here are links I found while researching nearby clubs we were thinking of joining.)
- Fitness Club Sales Leave Members Out of Breath (Toronto Star, Sept 1, 2007)
- What Is It With Fitness Clubs? (Ellen Roseman, Sept 14, 2007)
- The Premier Fitness Empire (Hamilton Spectator, Nov 13, 2004)
- Premier Fitness Mississauga (RipOff Report, Jan 2007)
- Competition Bureau reaches settlement with Goodlife Fitness Clubs in advertising case (federal government, Feb 9, 2005)
- GoodLife Membership Deal (Is this good?) (RedFlagDeals.com)
- Fitness Clubs (RedFlagDeals.com)